Howdy! This Livestorm product update #2.
This week we have released some pretty cool stuff! This month of August has been super busy (and rainy, in Paris at least). We built new exciting features and improved our video tech.
We pushed in production our very first native integrations with Zapier (V1), iframes, and other exciting stuff. Let’s get to it.
On branch master: Zapier, iframes, email previews and network tests
Zapier integration w/ Livestorm
The Livestorm zap is still beta, which means that you should contact us so we can send you your API key and authorize your account.
We already have been using this integration here at Livestorm, and it is a game changer. It adds so much more value to your webinar workflow and it’s huge gain of time.
Here’s the list of the current triggers:
- When a webinar has ended
- When a webinar starts
- When there’s a new attendee
- When a webinar is published
- When an attendee joins the webinar room
Here’s a typical workflow that you can already do: when an attendee signs up to your webinar then push the profile into a Mailchimp list and a Drip campaign.
What’s coming next?
- When a poll is posted
- When a poll is answered (and fetch answer)
- When a question is asked
- If someone registers on X app (e.g Hubspot) then register the same profile in my next Livestorm webinar.
iFrames: plug any external video source and scale to the infinite and beyond
Now you can replace our video tech with a Youtube Live, or a Twitch iframe.
It means that from now on if you use those platforms as video sources, you won’t have any browser issue and potentially we could cover events above 500, 1000, or 2000 attendees.
🚨 Important notes though:
- Those platforms are less UX friendly and require an encoder software to live stream. If you are on OS X try OBS, if on windows try Xsplit.
- There will be a 30s delay between what you do ans what your audience will see.
- You won’t be able to invite someone one stage via Livestorm.
- Youtube Live now requires you to link an Adsense account to your Youtube channel in order to enable iframes.
Preview and test notification emails
This is one could come handy. Want to see how your notification emails will look? Just scroll down to the email section in your webinar creation form.
You now have a preview popup of that email and a link to send a test email to the account owner’s email.
Network test module
Also, did you notice? We added a small module on our registration pages. Now, attendees will know if their system is WebRTC-proof or not. This way, your attendees can take action and prevent any streaming issue.
On branch dev: more Zapier and custom analytics tags
In the next few weeks, we will deploy a new version of Livestorm with more Zapier triggers and probably some actions.
Also, we already built another field in the webinar creation form that enables the injection of ANY tracking code on your registration page.
Let’s say you want to push a GA, GTM or Segment tag on your page. Well, it’s coming.
Ps: also, we pushed a brand new documentation for our app. Go check it out.